There are now more than 3.5 billion searches conducted daily on Google and not counting the other search engines. On the other hand, 95% of them won’t go past the first page. Also, while Google Ads are placed above the organic SERP, the CTR and conversion rates are more than 1000% lower. So, like it or not, SEO is important especially in this very saturated digital marketing environment, and JetRank Agency is here to help with your SEO campaigns.
Get More Website Traffic Through our SEO Services
ALL online businesses and purchases began from traffic. If nobody comes to your website, then nobody purchases anything from your eCommerce site.
By ranking on keywords your target audience is searching for, you have a chance to capture their attention. If they click on the search engine results, you don’t have to pay anything and you get unique traffic. So, essentially with SEO, you generate highly-targeted traffic (based on your target keyword) without spending any extra cost.
Once they’ve visited your website, you can then target them with other campaigns in order to encourage them to take certain actions, such as:
- Fill out their contact information (where we effectively capture them as leads, more on this below)
- Sign up to your email newsletter
- Sign up to your free trial offer
- Hit the buy button and purchase your product or service immediately
Once you’re successful in getting your site on the top of Google’s SERP (and even on the first page alone), you get a steady, sustainable source of organic traffic that can generate valuable, targeted traffic for years in the future.
Get More Leads, Calls, and Store Visits
SEO brings organic traffic to your business, and in turn, we can capture their contact information and convert them into leads.
Many businesses are still stuck with the idea that business and lead generation begins with phone calls from sales reps. However, this telemarketing model is now obsolete as most interaction—even for the most traditional businesses— happens online with 93% of online experiences begins with a search.
The idea here is to capture the website visitor’s contact information (mainly their email address), and follow-up with email marketing and social media marketing. Today, this is the most effective way to achieve lead growth.
With SEO, we are attracting people who are searching for specific queries with our content. So, they are the proactive party in this informative transaction, and not us as in traditional advertisement. They are highly targeted traffic with a higher chance of being your ideal audience.
So, when they actually convert into leads, they are more qualified and sales-ready.
Another benefit, especially in local SEO is that in Google Maps results, users can now directly call and ask for directions to your physical location with just a single click.
If you are a local business targeting a local audience, then ensuring your business listing is on the top-3 spots of Google Maps results is very important. After making a local-related search on a mobile device, 88% of consumers will call or visit the business within 24 hours.
Grow Your Business with our SEO Services
There are over 3.5 billion Google searches every day and even with that volume, the number is still growing by around 10% every year. 95% of people will not go to the second page of Google (source). So, if your business is not discoverable via search, you are simply excluding your business from where your target audience is. People now find new businesses and new products mainly via Google and social media, and SEO ensures that your business has enough search presence.
Which SEO Services Do You Need?
Our local SEO service is designed for businesses for any size that is targeting local customers (the audience that is defined by geolocation). In local SEO, we are going to target local keywords including:
- “Service in location” queries, like “bookstores in LA”, “restaurants in Jersey”, and so on
- “Near me” queries, like “restaurants near me”
- “Where to buy” queries, like “where to buy groceries”
It’s important to understand that in 2020, a search for these queries will produce results from Google Maps above the organic results, and so one of the key objectives in our local SEO service is to improve Google Maps ranking.
Here are some important stats on why local SEO is very important for your local business:
- According to Google, “where to buy” queries and “near me” queries have grown by over 200% during 2017-2019.
- More than 80% of smartphone shoppers use “near me” search queries.
- More than half of consumers who performed a local search went to a physical store within 24 hours, and 18% resulted in a purchase.
- The #1 spot on Google Maps ranking get 24.46% of all clicks, the #2 get 13.38%, and position 3 get 10.12%. The top-3 spots alone get almost half of all traffic.
National SEO Services
Our National SEO service is for businesses that are targeting the whole country, region and even the international market.
Whether you need just a small SEO campaign, multi-city campaign, or nation-wide campaign, we can help. Here we are primarily targeting broader keywords that are non-local (that is, not tied to specific geographical location).
Implementing national SEO depends a lot on your business and your industry. If you are a business with ten different locations across 10 different states, then our approach will differ compared to an eCommerce business that can deliver their products nation-wide.
Our National SEO service will be custom-tailored depending on your business’s needs and SEO objectives.
Our eCommerce SEO service includes all concepts of traditional or national SEO while adding specific guidelines that are required on online shops and eCommerce businesses.
For instance, optimizing product pages are very important for eCommerce businesses. For a non-commerce website, category pages may not be the primary object of the SEO optimization, but in an eCommerce site, they deserve specific attention and optimizations strategy.
- eCommerce websites would require a different approach to content marketing (blogging) than standard websites.
- Our focus on eCommerce SEO is to find the right balance between content optimizations for ranking purpose while maintaining the overall user experience level to encourage conversions
- Optimizing shop structures and product pages are very important aspects of our eCommerce SEO strategy
For clients who are looking to improve the technical aspect of SEO optimizations, we also offer our technical SEO service which will include:
- Optimizing home pages and internal landing pages for keywords your prospects are searching for. We are going to include at least 3-6 mentions of relevant, highly targeted, non-generic keywords tailored for your target audience.
- Ensuring pages are not over-optimized and target keywords are not mixed within one page.
- Fixing technical errors on the site like 404 and 500 errors, absence of SSL certificate (HTTPS), broken links, broken redirects, misconfigured robot.txt, structured data, .htaccess files, and others.
- Improving your site’s load speed which is a ranking factor and can decrease your conversion rate.
- Ensuring mobile-friendliness of your website
How SEO Works
Although the process of implementing SEO can be very complex involving many different steps and optimizations, we can divide the whole SEO processes into just three groups: content marketing, on-page SEO, and off-page SEO.
SEO Content Marketing
As we have established above, the performance of the SEO campaign will only be as strong as the quality and consistency of the content.
Boost Up Digital will implement SEO content marketing strategy to boost your website’s SERP ranking using three main approaches:
Blogging is very important for SEO performance, and it works by positioning your site as a relevant source for your audience. With blog posts, we can also target different keywords based on our keyword research initiative.
When blogging for SEO, there are several best practices we follow:
- The main objective here is to provide value and relevance for your target audience
- We treat all blog posts as important landing pages. That is, we aim to generate at least 2 to 3 high-quality backlinks each month for each post
- If possible we target specific long-tail keywords with the blog post
- The main idea is how we can improve our audience’s dwell time on our site by publishing a lot of relevant blog posts. Dwell time and bounce rate are now significant ranking factors.
Different sites might or might not have service pages (pages describing a specific service sold by the company behind the website). For example, if the client is a dentist, then there might be a page for “root canal procedure” on the website. This is an example of a service page or often called landing pages.
The service page must be optimized according to the target keywords and must be designed to encourage conversions.
Product Pages (eCommerce)
If your site is selling physical or digital products on your website (an eCommerce site), then you must optimize your product pages for SEO, to ensure you can generate enough traffic and encourage conversions.
However, optimizing product pages for SEO can be very challenging. On the one hand, Google’s algorithm typically prefers long-form content. On the other hand, if we implement long-form content in our product pages, then it might disrupt conversion rates.
Our approach is to find the right balance between the two. Even if you have hundreds or even thousands of product pages on your site, we will optimize each of them accordingly.
In general, longer content produces higher search rankings.
According to a pretty recent study by SerpIQ, the average word count of the #1 ranking content is 2,416 words and for the #10 results, it is 2,032 words.
However, we have to also maintain the quality of the content throughout the long word-count. This is to ensure we can optimize dwell-time. In theory, if an article has 3,000 words but the average dwell time is 10 minutes, then another content with only 2,000 words with 15 minutes average dwell time will perform better, SEO-wise.
Boost Up Digital understood the importance of maintaining the right balance between length and quality. If there is an opportunity to develop long-form content for certain keywords, we will pursue it. However, we will always prioritize quality.
On-page SEO refers to the optimizations done on your site, which typically involves technical optimizations such as:
If your page takes too long to load, it will result in a high bounce rate. According to Google, if your page’s load time goes from 1 second to 3 seconds, then the probability of bounce increases by 32%. If it’s an increase from 1 second to 5 seconds, then bounce increases by a whopping 90%.
On the other hand, the bounce rate is now a ranking factor thanks to Google’s Rankbrain. This is why optimizing your site’s speed is a very important part of our SEO strategy.
Google now prioritizes mobile-friendly and mobile-responsive sites to rank. If your site is not yet mobile-friendly, we might suggest a complete overhaul of your site to accommodate a mobile-responsive design.
Header Tags and Body Content
Header tags are one of the most important factors in SEO ranking. In general, the primary target keyword must be included in the header and also in the META description. Including them naturally, however, is very important.
For body content, it’s more important to prioritize for readability and overall quality. Include target keywords and semantically related keywords naturally and sparingly, but focus on providing value for your human audience.
Internal links are links that point to other pages on your site. Maintaining a proper internal ranking structure is very important to ensure Google can crawl, find, index, and properly understand all the different pages on your site.
Schema markup, or structured data markup, is in a nutshell adding attributes and properties to all the different elements of your site so Google can understand them properly. A key benefit of implementing structured data markup is that your site is now eligible to be featured as rich results or rich snippets.
Also, schema markup is increasingly becoming an important ranking factor, especially post-RankBrain. Schema markup allows Google to properly interpret the context of your website and can match it better to an incoming search query with the same intent or context.
Off-page SEO mainly involves generating more backlinks to your site, but also about improving your site’s reputation and prominence in general.
What Are Backlinks?
Backlinks, or also known as inbound links or incoming links, are links coming from another website to your site.
Why Do I Need Backlinks in SEO?
Backlinks are considered by Google and other major search engines as “votes of confidence”. The more websites giving backlinks to your site, the more prominent your site is in the eyes of Google.
If, the backlink is coming from a famous, high-quality website, then obviously the vote is more valuable. In fact, Google now considers the quality of the backlinks more important than quantity, and in general, generating just 3 to 5 high-quality backlinks every month is sufficient.
Even then, however, generating high-quality backlinks is easier said than done. Google has made countless changes to its algorithm over the years, but backlinks remain one of, if not the most important ranking signal.
Guest Post Outreach
Guest posting is, simply put, contributing a blog post on third-party websites with our name and typically a backlink to our website. Besides the fact that it is a very effective way to generate backlinks, guest posting is also effective in boosting your credibility as an author, and also to bring exposure to your site.
Finding guest posting opportunities to get more earned media is one of our core tactics in off-page SEO.
Local Citations (for Local SEO)
Local citation, simply put, is any mention of your business’s NAP (Name, Address, Phone Number) information online.
Similar to backlinks in traditional or national SEO, local citations are the most important ranking factors in local SEO especially in improving your Google Maps ranking.
Consistency of NAP information is very important in local citations building. If, for example, you’ve just moved your business address and/or changed your phone number then you’d need to update all of your citations. If not, the worst-case scenario is that you can get penalized by Google.
The main way we are going to build local citations is to list your business in as many online business directories depending on your location and industry. And, Boost Up Digital will ensure your consistency in NAP information even when you’ve built thousands of local citations.
FAQs on SEO and Search Engine Results Page (SERP)
What Is an SEO service?
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization, is a series of optimizations on your website or online platforms (social media profiles, Google Maps listing, etc) so that it can rank higher on search engines’ (mainly Google’s ) search engine results pages or SERPs.
SEO service is a service offered by an SEO agency or digital marketing agency to execute your website’s SEO for you. Optimizing your website to rank on Google will involve more than 200 factors, so a significant amount of expertise is required to succeed on SEO. This is where an SEO service can help rather than executing your SEO efforts on your own.
What are the different SEO services?
We offer four different SEO services:
- Local SEO: where we will target local keywords: “service in location” keywords like “restaurants in New York”, “near me” keywords (restaurants near me), and “where can I buy ___” keywords. These local keywords typically feature results from Google Maps, and so the key objective of our local SEO is to improve Google Maps (Google My Business) ranking.
- National SEO: also known as international, regional, or simply traditional SEO. Simply put, any SEO that is targeting non-local keywords (the target keywords are not tied to location). The most traditional form of SEO.
- eCommerce SEO: eCommerce sites will target specific keywords and should factor in product inventory and product-specific landing pages. Have many similarities with traditional or national SEO, but will include more dynamic, real-time details.
- Technical SEO: Technical SEO is the process of optimizing the website’s technical factors to ensure Google (or the other search engines) can index the site properly, and also ensure the overall performance of the website (load speed, mobile-responsiveness, etc.). Technical SEO is actually a part of national SEO and eCommerce SEO, but some clients might prefer to do it separately for budget or other reasons.
How much does it cost for SEO services?
The cost of an SEO project will vary depending on many different factors. However, the average cost of a medium-sized SEO project with average difficulty in 2020 is between $800 and $2,099 per month. The average rate for SEO consultants is $80-200/hour, and a one-time SEO project typically falls between $5,000 to more than $30,000, depending on scope and size.
Are SEO services worth it?
While SEO services can be a sizable investment, the result of a successful SEO project is a long-term sustainable source of organic traffic, which can be a very valuable asset for your SEO. So, yes, SEO is a worthy long-term investment.
Can I pay Google to rank higher? Can you pay Google for SEO?
No, you can’t pay Google to rank higher by any means. You can, however, invest in Google’s search ads which will display your ad on the very top of Google SERP. However, people know that this is an ad, and it won’t get the same CTR as organically ranking on the top of Google SERP or being featured as a rich snippet.
Our SEO Process
Here at Boost Up Digital, we custom-tailor our SEO process based on the client’s objectives and the current state of their website based on our initial SEO audit.
However, here is the general outline of our typical SEO process:
1. Goal Setting
The first and often the most important step is to figure out (together with the client) the goals and objectives of the SEO campaign.
It’s important to note that SERP ranking is not and should not be the end goal of SEO. Instead, your goal should be organic traffic and its product like:
- Specific quantity and quality of generated leads
- Number of sign-ups
- Sales revenue (especially for eCommerce sites)
The main principle here is that your SEO goal(s) should be:
- Specific: clear enough to understand
- Realistic: that is, attainable. If it’s a big goal it might be necessary to divide it into smaller milestones
- Measurable: we should be able to assign KPIs and measure the objective via specific metrics
2. Site Audit
Based on the goals we’ve defined, here we perform a website audit to determine the current condition of the client’s site and determine the necessary optimizations. A site audit will include, but not limited to:
- Checking whether the site can be crawled and indexed properly
- Checking URLs and redirects, whether there are any duplicated or broken URLs
- Checking for keywords the site is already ranking on, including brand keywords
- Checking the overall quality and performance of existing content
- Checking performance factors like mobile-friendliness and load speed
3. Competitive Analysis
SEO is, by nature, a competition to rank higher than your competitors in the SERP. So, understanding your competitors’ SEO approaches and performance is very important in devising our own strategy. We will mainly check for:
- Their content approach and quality
- Keywords our competitors are ranking for but we haven’t (keyword gaps)
- The competitor’s backlinks profile and overall link profile
- The website’s performance, design approach, and quality
4. Keyword Research
A very important aspect of any SEO strategy is to define our target keywords. We work closely with our clients to perform thorough keyword research with three main principles:
- The keyword must be relevant to the client’s target audience, measured by a high enough monthly search volume
- The keyword must be valuable and relevant to the client’s business (not all popular keywords are relevant for any business)
- Depending on the client’s objective, budget, and timeline, the competition must be manageable
We also analyze the keywords the client’s site is already ranking for and determine whether they are relevant and valuable enough to pursue.
5. Website Structure Analysis and Optimization
In this step, we delve further into analyzing the structure of the client’s website to develop an optimization plan. This step will include:
- Date of construction
- Detailed keyword analysis
- 404 pages and redirects
- XML Sitemap
- Robots.txt file
- Internal links profile
- External links profile
And we will plan an optimization strategy for the site structure that might include:
- Improving load speed by enhancing and resizing images
- Migrating to HTTPs and reducing HTTP requests
- Avoiding Flash and make use of Slider of HTML5
- Using server-side sniffing
- Make use of Jpeg and Png format images at right place
6. Earned Media and Backlinks
One of the biggest factors determining SERP ranking is the backlinks profile.
Backlinks are the vote of confidence of the internet. When a site links to your site, it’s saying that your site is trustworthy and credible. So, a key part of our SEO strategy is figuring out how the client’s site can get high-quality backlinks from relevant sites in the industry.
Nowadays, the quality of the backlinks is more important than quantity, and one of the most effective ways to generate high-quality backlinks is to get more earned media.
Earned media has two important characteristics:
- Comes from third-party not related to your site
- The publication appears on third-party channels
So, devising a strategic plan on generating more earned media and more backlinks in general for the client’s site will be very important. We aim to get 5 to 10 earned media posts with dofollow links every month. The sources of the earned media must be relevant with enough organic traffic and a decent link profile.
SEO performance is only as good as the content quality of the website, period.
As mentioned, one of, if not the most important SEO ranking factors are getting more backlinks. On the other hand, one of the most effective and sustainable ways to generate backlinks (besides earned media), is to consistently publish high-quality content that is relevant for your target audience.
Our content creation approach is fairly simple:
- Content creation is based on keyword research, as discussed above
- The goal is to develop content that is better and/or more unique than our competitors’ content, based on the competitive analysis, as also discussed above
- Including linkable content (original information/data, visually pleasing images/photos/infographics, etc.), to encourage backlinks
- The main principle is the content should be valuable and relevant for our target audience
We will develop a content creation strategy, and the execution might be done by us or the client’s in-house team based on our strategy.
8. Report and Analyze Campaign
Since SEO is a long-term process, we understood the importance of monitoring, evaluating, and analyzing progress. A part of our responsibility is to evaluate the SEO campaign, present a comprehensive progress report, and discuss the progressive results of the campaign with the client. We might adjust or re-optimize our strategy based on these reports.